Wednesday, November 7, 2012

The perspective of a fervently religious Muslim


The perspective of a fervently religious Muslim

Deductive reasoning:

1)

-Where did everything come from?
-Why am I here?
-Everything is already figured out
-No need to seek philosophical knowledge
-Anything I individually assume is unimportant
-All true knowledge comes from scripture
-How did everything start?

Is deduced to:
God knows all

2)

-I can’t make mistakes (in order to learn from them)
-I can’t argue with his scripture
-I can’t do anything I want(caged with law)

is deduced to:
God is all watching

3)

-My opinion has no influence
-He can do everything I can’t
-I am powerless
-I have no ability to make a change
-I am no one without him
-my effort is futile

is deduced to:
God is all powerful

4)

-I will lay down my life for him, even through martyrdom
-Anything that goes against him, or argues against him, is a wrongdoer
-If I am to die in his name, then I am blessed with paradise (senseless sacrifice)
-Nothing can overlap his word

is deduced to:
God is the greatest (Allahu Akbar)

5)

-If I read a book, it won’t make sense to me, if anything goes against this
-If I hear an atheist, then he is wrong
-If I am learning from other religions, then I am associating with him
-If I don’t worship him, then I’ll go to hell
-He is the only one I worship

is deduced to:
There is no God but God

6)

-I am in a constant inner conflict( even though it is mostly self-created)
-Anything philosophical I read outside the scope of Islam, is of Satan’s work
-Anyone who dares cross the scripture, is possessed
-Any sign of mental illness, surely needs exorcism

is deduced to:
God has made satan an enemy unto mankind

7)

-He sent the last word, anything else related to ultimate purpose is meaningless
-Anyone who dares speak of him, should be punished with death
-The only person I should learn from is him (a sign of cultism)
-Any word against him is blasphemy
-He is the perfect human, far above me

is deduced to:
The prophet is God’s messenger

8)

-If I say anything against it, I will be attacked
-It is God’s promise that it shall save the world from confusion
-To treat it with any disrespect, is considered absolute betrayal
-It is complete and full, directly from God, thus cannot be refuted
-My knowledge, or what I think I know, is futile compared to its message (i.e my opinion doesn’t count)
-It is greater than any other, thus can’t be compared or argued with the content of the other
-It is the direct word of God, so anything it says should be followed
-It is completely perfect, any thought against it should be dismissed (thought stopping)
-It is the truth, so all my morals come from it
-Any thought which tends to go against its content, is of satan’s work
-Anyone who tries to disprove it, has been misled by satan
-People who go against it, don’t know that the joke was on them
-It is an absolute certainty, a complete constant, a perfect masterpiece (this certainty eliminates life, which is based on the unknown)
-Its scientific miracles prove it to be true (even though its poetic nature can give alternate interpretations)
-Since my parents, who are older and have more experience than me, told me it’s true, it must definitely be true
-If I try to go against it openly, everyone will disrespect me
-Every word is sacred, entirely holy, so it should be feared with all my heart (instill fear in hearts: this fear inhibits any thought process which attempts to go beyond it)
-If it has guided people through a thousand years, then it definitely ought to be true
(even though it is the most recent of religions)
-All poets who attempt to go against it, and try to write against it, are surely mad (as mentioned in the Koran, this labeling of ‘mad’ discourages anyone deeply from trying to write any truly beautiful and liberating poetry. Especially after they’ve been conditioned into the religion)
-Anyone who burns the Koran, has burnt the only thing keeping me alive, and connected to sanity
-Its timeless wisdoms prove them to be a word of God(even though its content can be related to from earlier teachings. Also, wisdoms tend to be timeless in the first place)

is deduced to
Koran is the true word

9)
-Then why doe he paint such violent images of hell in his scriptures? No! Dangerous thinking
-Then why should we fear him so deeply? Oh wait, another one.
-Then why does hell exist? Oh, that’s not good
-Then why does he not forgive apostates? Another one
is deduced to:
God is merciful

10)
-God is the answer to truth
-Evolution, rational or not, is unjustified
-The thrill of mystery is pointless, as he created everything
-Beauty comes from him
-He is the source of all, any thought beyond that is evil and dark
-He is the beginning and the end, that is for sure (This concept abides with time, proving it not divine)
-I don’t need to look anymore, to ask anymore (which is the sole purpose of living)
is deduced to:
God is the creator


Inductive reasoning:

1)
Rationalism, thought, argument
-distasted by others
-discouraged by Koran
-viewed as blasphemy
-dishonored by prophet

2)
Art
-considered prohibited
-lead’s to Satan’s embrace(even though it simply trieds to free one’s spirit to beauty)
-is sinful
-is against faith


3)
Prayer
-it is your only source of redemption
-it is the only action, or ritual, that sets you free
-it is one of the few things that are uplifting in the world, the others also being religious related
-it is an obligation
-it is the only path to inspiration
-If I don’t practice it, I will be punished now and the hereafter (now:is anything bad happens, it’s because you hadn’t prayed. hereafter: I will taste hell)

4)
Faith
-must be reinforced in any way (ignorance) and let nothing shake it (knowledge)
-is of grave importance, as the scripture has told me, and the prophet
-Solution to all problems
-Brings out the good in everything
-You should die while it still remaining in your mind
-When it comes to it, your source of sanity
-Worth more than anything, even your loved ones

5)
Strength
-comes only when repeating mantras
-comes only with firm belief(usually blind)
-comes only with Islam
-comes only from God
6)
other religions
-are insignificant compared to Islam
-must be overcome by Islam
-nothing of them is true
-If sheikhs say attack, then attack (Naziistic approach)
-are lost and misguided
7)
love
-if sex-related, it is prohibited
-if intimacy related, it is hated
-if shown through sight, it is of Satan
-only to your spouse
8)
Hatred, anger, violence
-necessary, if to raise children to its teachings
-okay, if to defend the Koran
-permitted, if in the name of god
-allowed, if within the scope of Islam
9)
Knowledge outside scope of Islam
-Satan’s work
-Ignored
-Unwanted
-Scourge
-Danger
-Threat
-must be burnt

Hypothesis:
Prophet: megalomaniac
God:Heartless dictator

And the delusion continues





No comments:

Post a Comment